Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy week. pt.∞

Ministry
This week was our week of 24/7 prayer. This does not mean that everyone prayed for 24 hours a day for 7 days. We all signed up for a one-hour slot either by ourselves or with someone. For me the week started off feeling energetic and excited. The first hour felt way too short, and I could feel all of the pain and hurt from people, but I also felt an immense amount of love from all of the Kaléos and leaders. The next one was similar, but the third time I went in I felt absolutely drained and empty, I could not feel God’s love or presence in the room as I had before. The next night I experienced something I had never felt before, God had filled me with love, he had filled in where I felt empty. IT WAS AMAZING. The next time I went in the prayer room the first thing I did was rip up the note I had written about not feeling God and all that. I could go on about what I experienced and what happened to others and what some of them felt and experienced but that is their story, and we could be here a long time.

This week at church, we were invited over for lunch at Vince’s house. Vince has two daughters in the youth group and helps out himself, so we kinda know Vince. He had us over for ribs and beans, which was delicious. It was just sweet to have that fellowship in the church.

We were scheduled to have a “love Crofton” chapel where we went around Crofton and did things for people such as pick up trash, help rake, pray for them, who knows. That had to be postponed because our leader Kristie was sick. Pray that we will make a difference in the community and that we can exhibit God’s love for the town of Crofton.

We also had our first Olympic missions meeting. Preparing for our missions trip to the 2010 winter Olympics. Learning what we are going to be doing and how we should go about it, so that God can be exemplified. Again pray for the hearts of those we will be interacting with and working with. Pray for focus, not only while we are there, but also in preparation for this trip. If we are not preparing now and focused now, we won’t be when we arrive. That focus includes us not having our eyes on a sweet experience, but making a change for the Kingdom of God.

Kaléo Life:
This was a sweet, but ridiculous week for me. It started off by having a OT test, which for me was not that bad, a sentiment I can assure you not many other people felt. We also had to write an OT research paper by Friday night. On top of this we all had to read two books that most of us hadn’t even started, and write summaries and evaluations and the such about them both.

All was not work and no play, au contraire! Sunday night was chocolate fondue with fresh fruit! Fresh fruit! Strawberries, pineapple, honeydew melon, grapes, it was heavenly. Then a group of us went and made puppy chow the next night, quite delicious except for the fact that the others froze it after making it instead of eating it while the chocolate is hot.

Then the many-times postponed “UFC Kaléo” or dubbed by Jenna “man fight” finally took place. With pre-fight trash talking videos and everything. Most of the guys participated, but everyone watched. My fight was the scrappiest fight known to mankind, well that’s what you get when you put two 130 poundish guys into a wrestling match. I lost.

By far the most fun night of all was the unnecessary all-nighter. Rivera, Caroline, John and I stayed up all night for no reason. It was like 3:15 when I finished the first half of my hw, when about seven others came down into the lounge and just started talking. By 4ish all but us had left, and we decided to watch the sunset, and thatled to us staying up all night. We watched some comedians on youtube, made a fort, had some in depth talks, made hot chocolate and played hide-and-seek. That took us to about sunrise so we headed to the dock, and could see the sun highlighting some of the clouds. Half an hour later, it started to sprinkle and we couldn’t see any of the sun because of the clouds. So we went to the kitchen and chilled in the tent that is being taken down there until breakfast. Why, you might ask? Because we can.

No comments: