Monday, January 25, 2010

I think i'm gonna die...

Kaléo Ministry:

We were dropped off at McDonald's for dinner and then we headed to youth. After spending about an hour between McDonald's and Safeway it was time to head on up to youth. None of us really wanted to go to youth that night seeing as how we just came back from 5 days on the hill snowboarding and skiing. We were still in our winter gear and we smelled (at least I did I don’t know about Katie and Ellie). We got there and we were having a games night, which means Pictionary, “knights, horses and prince”, snack, elbow tag and then sardines. I was surprised at how much fun I had, it was a great night overall. I was assigned to lead the devotional half way through the night, which turned out pretty good I thought. It was a good night to get back into the swing of things at youth group

At church the lady that pretty much slammed us, came up and apologized, and I think we smoothed things over a bit with all the Sunday school and how the scheduling is going to work. Once again I know that pastor Darin is going to be great for LFBC, which Darin actually wants to change the name of the church. Just one example of how much he wants to change the church. Trent just told me this Baptist joke the other day

How many Baptists does it take to change a light bulb?
Change?!

Kaléo Life:

As you know we just got back from a week on Mt. Washington shredding the gnar. It was fantastic! I snowboarded the first two days and decided that downhill skiing seemed much more natural for me, and easier to do, so I switched for Thursday/Friday. That was the best decision of my life. I was able to do bigger hills, and go faster with more control (except for when I hit that old lady).
Wednesday the majority of the group went snowshoeing around the mountain, while an intelligent few of us, and Jenna went cross-country skiing. So me and justin went skiing together while the rest of them were in a lesson, and blah blah blah we wound up on the top of boomerang (black diamond hellish) and blah blah blah we had fun and went down the downhill trails. For more information contact me. I don't know how many times i uttered the words "i think i'm gonna die."

During one of the chapels at night on the mountain, we were charged with renaming everyone else in Kaléo. We went through, and I was named “Gentle Ben”. These names were not meant to describe us now, in the present, but were more to serve as a name to grow into and challenge us. The names do reflect some of who we are now, but I think everyone came out a little bit scratching their heads, I know I was. Talking to JL and Sarah Badke about my name it has clarified a few points, and doing a little bit of word study has helped me come to a consensus about what it means to be gentle. In these conversations, more words, that are related have entered. Meekness. Humility. Faithfulness. Lowliness. Let’s see how these words play out through Kaléo and beyond!

Pray for:
1. Our missions trips, both Olympics and Mexico
2. Focus on God through the school and all the activities
3. Focus on school work
4. Let us all remember Haiti

2 comments:

Jenna said...

IM INTELLIGENT TOO BEN!!!!!

JES said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H68vaCylSxQ