Sunday, January 17, 2010

meh

Kaléo Ministry
An interesting event transpired after church to say the least. But first I’ll fill in the rest of youth and the service. Youth was canceled this week, and we weren’t able to go last week because of missions fest, or the week before, because we were still coming back home. And we won’t be able to go next week because of the Mt. Washington trip. At the start of January 2010 LFBC has a new pastor, Darin I forgot-his-last-name. He is good for the church, a young energetic and creative pastor. He should be able to shake up LFBC and bring in some younger people and create some new ministries while he is head pastor.

But after the service today , which we stayed for since it was our first time back, the coordinator of the Sunday school came up to us, and asked an innocent and logical question enough. “Were you guys supposed to be helping in Sunday school this week?” None of us knew since we gave her the schedule and forgot when we scheduled what. Next thing we know she goes off about how we were unprepared and how we should hav done this and that. She then responds “One, I must apologize I should have communicated better” or something like that and then she said “Two, I thought you were all adults, but I guess not, I guess I have to keep better tabs on you guys.” Wow. I know we’re in BC and 19 is an adult, and two of us were only 18, but really? It's our first week back, and we don’t have the schedule. Safe to say, we all found it quite, shall we say comical, well after church. I’m sure if you read Ellie’s or Katie’s blog it will be a much more theatrical version.

Kaléo Life

Well this week was pretty chill, maybe not as much as Minnesota, but you know with all that snow there and the wind chill. We had our exam for theology of mission, which went pretty good, feeling confident about the result, but I guess I just have to wait about two months. We then started the first two days of Jim’s class, Camp Ministry. I’m a bit hesitant to say anything about the class because the person that reads this sits two feet from the teacher.

My dilemma has been, solved, at roughly 4:30 on wed. the 13th I shaved my beard. Mixed reactions as expected, but I’m still not sure if it was the right decision. Only time will tell, and if I give it enough time, the beard will be back, so let’s just wait and see. That’s about it for this week.

Off to Mt. Washington for some snowboarding, skiing (cross country of course), tubing and hot tubbin’!

No comments: