Monday, March 22, 2010

The Count Down Begins, Move! Move! Move!

Kaléo Ministry:

Pretty usual, we went swimming this Friday at the FJCC (Frank Jameson Community Center). It is my prayer that in these last few the three of us can start to see a change in the lives of the youth we have been interacting with. Even if we do not I pray that the influence of Natasha, the youth director, will continue and the next year’s Kaléos can shape them as well. As Kaléo is winding down, we only have two more youth nights, (due to working a weekend here at qwanoes). Pray for change in these last two weeks, that God will be moving.

This Sunday I found out our new name, Ocean View Community Church. This church will forever in my mind be LFBC! Lads! This just goes to show this church is in transition from old to new. The congregation is getting more enthused with the preaching and the missions work they are planning to do. They are hosting a missions weekend this weekend with a missionary couple from Brazil coming in.
This week nothing too exciting happened, just helped out with the youth Sunday school class with Vince, and then hit up our favorite Pentecostal church across town.

I almost forgot, I went to “The Bridge” on Sunday. This is just a Sunday night worship with an informal preach/teach/ask questions with the pastor of Cobble Hill. I wasn’t planning on going, but somebody had to drive stick!

Kaléo Life:

We went snowboarding, well I went skiing, but most people went snowboarding. What a great day outside, clear blue skies, great views from the top of the mountain, great snow by the end of the day. Just a stupendous, glorious, fabulous, magnificent, amazing, superb (you get the point) day out in God’s creation.

This week has been one of the more active weeks in the past few months. We had DTG (ditch the gender) where I ran way more than expected, did indoor climbing, snowboarding, played soccer, street hockey twice and volleyball.

All was not fun and games here in Crofton, BC. Oh no, I cranked out two papers this week, one which due date was 5:30pm, and I handed it in at exactly 5:30:00. Beautiful. The other I finished with a good 45 minutes left to spare. Not so Beautiful.

Biggest news of this week…GYM NIGHT! WOOHOO! I’ve been waiting three weeks for this.

Oh and we’re going surfing for three days, starting tomorrow.

No comments: